Monday, November 3, 2008

Worthless Knowledge of the Week...Check This Shit Out...!


Your sitting there reading your favorite blog when all of a sudden it hits...that pressure in your lower belly. First it's just uncomfortable but almost before you can get to the end of the next sentence it's painful. Nope, can't wait, you have to go shit!
You sit there for minutes and grunt, push, and sweat your way to a satisfying, comfortable calm. When its all done you have to check out what your hard work was all about. WTF!!! I don't remember eating that, why is it that color, why did it sink straight to the bottom, and WTF is that smell...? My friends, read on, all your questions will be answered as we explore what this shit's all about!

So, you're poop is made up of almost equal parts water, dead bacteria, and non-digestible foods like fiber. Of course the proportions are widely variable, diarrhea obviously has much more water.

The digestive process is done by bacteria and produces gases like sulfur and other nitrogen rich compounds that cause it to stink.

The color has a lot to do with what you eat...or don't eat. The normal brown color comes from iron in the form of bilirubin, which is a by product from the breakdown of red blood cells. If you don't eat as much (such as in a diet) you don't break down as many red blood cells so your stuff can be more yellow. If you are eating a lot of leafy greens then,...you guessed it, it will be green. If your poop is black, you probably need to see a doctor because that can be from partially digested blood. It could also be from some constipation, the longer you wait between shits, the darker and dryer it gets.

If your poop has a high gas or fat content it may float, otherwise, it sinks.

Now for the coup de grace...THE CORN PHENOMENON!
So why does corn always show up in your shit like it just came out of the can? The best answer to this that I've seen is that the outer coating is made almost entirely of cellulose which is fiber and hence indigestible.

Alright, I'm about sick of this shit...I'm out of here!

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Well, this is really the shits. Bwahahahaha. I couldn't help myself. :)

PlancksPost said...

Come on dude...pinch it off!

Grandy said...

You had me at that awesome pic. ;)

Sandee said...

I'm a dudette BTW. Okay, I can still pinch it off. :)

PlancksPost said...

My bad Sandee...bet I'll be the "butt" of some jokes now....ha I "crack" myself up.

Sorry, been saving those up for a while.